Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can charges be dismissed?
- Charges are pursued, amended or dismissed at the discretion of the District Attorney's Office on behalf of the State of Georgia based on the facts and circumstances of a case, not by individual request.
2. When will my case be scheduled for trial?
- Trial calendars are scheduled at the discretion of the Superior Court. Please contact the Clerk of Superior Court’s Office for further assistance at 404-613-5313.
3. Can my record be expunged?
- Yes, in certain situations. However, you are not eligible if you have pled guilty or been convicted of a felony charge. Please visit the Expungements link on our website for more information.
4. I am a Defendant. Who is my Attorney?
- Please contact the Fulton County Public Defender’s Office for further assistance at 404-612-5200.
5. I am a Victim. Which Prosecutor is assigned to my case?
- Please contact the Record Room at 404-612-4942 for assistance.
6. Can I get something in writing showing that my charges are open and pending?
- Yes. We would be happy to provide assistance. Please contact our Customer Service Department for more information: 404-612-4887.
7. Where can I take out a Temporary Protective Order?
- Please contact Fulton County’s One Stop Shop, 136 Pryor Street, 8th floor, Family Division.
8. Can I apply for a warrant?
- Yes; with the Magistrate Criminal Warrant Division; 160 Pryor street, 1st floor, room J135.
9. Can the District Attorney’s Office (mail/fax) dispositions of cases?
- No. A disposition of your case can be obtained from the Superior Court Clerk’s Office at 136 Pryor Street, 1st Floor, Atlanta, GA 30303. The telephone number is 404-613-5313.
10. Who can I speak with about Consumer Related problems?
- Governor’s Office of Consumer Protection 404-651-8600 http://consumer.georgia.gov/